[Biopython-dev] Upcoming release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Sat Feb 24 17:50:20 EST 2001

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Brad Chapman wrote:

> I think it would be nice to include a pdf version in the distribution,
> unless people are opposed to this.

I think it's be really good.

> > - I'm not sure if Andrew is going to get around to making br_regrtest
> > accept different newline conventions.  Does anyone want to have a go at
> > fixing this, or should we punt until the next release?  Or, should we just
> > scrap it altogether for PyUnit (definitely next release)?
>
> I tried to fix br_regrtest, but didn't have any luck :-<.

Yeah, I had looked into this once, and it wasn't clear that the fix would
be really simple.  I guess we'll have to let Andrew deal with it...

> So I implemented a top level test module using PyUnit that runs all of
> the tests. This doesn't do any comparisons with the golden output
> right now, but at least makes sure that the tests run. Right now I'm
> saving the output from the test into a string using StringIO, so maybe
> someone has an idea for expanding this to also do comparisons in a way
> that is easier to deal with different newlines. I'm stumped on that...

I'm glad someone's looking seriously into this!  It sounds like something
for the next release, though...

Jeff