[Biopython-dev] get CDS

Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten thomas at cbs.dtu.dk
Thu Feb 15 06:50:42 EST 2001

Hej,

Is there an easy way to retrieve the coordinates for all CDS's (not the
translations) in a given DNA sequence ?

Actually it is for the nextorf script - I'd like to include the bad-orf
retrieving function where the user can choose if the ORF should be limited
by start and stop codons (for good sequences) or if she wants to retrieve
the longest possible coding regions within stop codons (as usually found in
sequencing projects with raw sequence data).

Am I reinventing the wheel, does this function already exist ?

cheers
-thomas
--
Sicheritz-Ponten Thomas, Ph.D  CBS, Department of Biotechnology
thomas at biopython.org           The Technical University of Denmark

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...