[Biopython-dev] for the nfinite Martel request queue

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 30 18:54:03 EST 2001

Cayte:
>  In porting the ecell script from perl to python, I'd have to add case
>restrictions or sprinkle the  code with
>structures like
> Alt ( Str( "reactor", "Reactor", "REACTOR" ) )

Yeah, I've been using Re("[Rr][Ee][Aa][Cc][Tt][Oo][Rr]") for
this, but it's cumbersome to do that by hand.

There is a stubbed 'Martel.NoCase' which will eventually
support this.  Looks like it just needs to duplicate the
expression then replace Str, Any, and Literal terms.  Shouldn't
be too hard, and the result will let you do

  NoCase(Str("reactor"))

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com