[Biopython-dev] Align

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Thu Dec 6 08:08:20 EST 2001

Hi Cayte;

>   The sig in Generic.Alignment function, add_sequence,
>     def add_sequence(self, descriptor, sequence, start = None, end = None,
>                      weight = 1.0):
>
> does not allow the caller to pass in the name of the sequence.

Hmmm... this is what the "descriptor" argument is supposed to be for. Do
you need to pass in more than just this?

Once thing we could do is add an additional function along the lines of:

def add_seq_record(self, record, start = None, end = None, weight = 1.0):

which would allow you to build up a SeqRecord object with names,
annotations, features and whatever else, and then add it into an
alignment. Would this solve your problem?

Brad