[Biopython-dev] Notification: incoming/42

biopython-bugs at bioperl.org biopython-bugs at bioperl.org
Wed Aug 15 08:22:26 EDT 2001

JitterBug notification

new message incoming/42

Message summary for PR#42
	From: joungjh at email.com
	Subject: Re: [Biopython-dev] Notification: incoming/40
	Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:22:26 -0400
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From joungjh at email.com Wed Aug 15 08:22:26 2001
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:22:26 -0400
From: joungjh at email.com
To: biopython-bugs at bioperl.org

Full_Name:
Module:
Version:
OS:
Submission from: gw-aptusgen1.cust.fast.net (209.92.248.166)

>>I'm using GenBank NCBIDictionary to retrieve a GenBank record. The retrived
>>record is missing the following information: LOCUS, DEFINITION, ACCESSION,
>>VERSION, and KEYWORDS.

>Is this information that's in the Genbank record?  It should be
>returning whatever NCBI returns, or raising an exception.  Dropping
>information would be odd.  Do you have a reproducible?  What is the
>accession you're using?

Yes, LOCUS, DEFINITION, ACCESSION, VERSION, and KEYWORDS information is in
GenBank record. Any GenBank id would drop this information on UNIX. You can try
GenBank id of '15145772'.  I have installed biopython-1.00a1 windows version on
my pc and this seems to return all information correctly. Thank you for your
quick response.