[Biopython-dev] Various fixes in CVS

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Apr 27 18:30:52 EDT 2001

me:
> > * Since Martel is now in CVS (yay!), I updated the setup.py file so it
> > now installs Martel by default.

Jeff:
> This assumes that Martel is distributed with biopython.  Is that what we
> decided?

I think so :-)

> Also, should we check to make sure this won't overwrite a
> previous Martel installation?

We could, do you think it's necessary? In my mind, most people will
just want to install Martel/biopython and have it "work" and this way
makes it simplest. If you are keeping multiple different versions of
Martel, then you can just go into the setup.py and switch off the flag to
INSTALL_MARTEL.

So, I vote for simplicity, at the cost of some overwriting. But, I
think Andrew should have the final say on this.

Whoever-writes-the-code-gets-to-decide-on-the-installation-ly yr's,
Brad