[Biopython-dev] Various fixes in CVS

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Apr 27 17:50:23 EDT 2001

Hello all;

I just mucked around in CVS with various stuff and wanted to give a
quick update of what I changed:

* There was a message on bioperl-l about some upcoming changes in
GenBank format. I updated the GenBank parser so it should handle these
once they are live.

* Python 2.1 has changed the default ordering of dictionary keys when
they are printed out. This is fine since keys are guaranteed to be
ordered, but makes some of the tests appear as if they are broken when
compared against the golden output. This happened for UniGene and
GenBank tests. I made some small changes so that keys are sorted, then
printed out, so that they won't change.

* Since Martel is now in CVS (yay!), I updated the setup.py file so it
now installs Martel by default.

Please let me know if any of the changes cause any problems.
Brad