[Biopython-dev] Martel in CVS

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Mon Apr 16 02:30:45 EDT 2001

Jeff:
> [Tests/unittest.py vs. unittest.py in Python 2.1]
> >Yes, me too.  Biopython will not require Python 2.1 for some time from
> >now.  Can we use the Python 2.1 unittest in biopython?  This would make
> >the migration easier when it happens, and it sounds like it would make
> >your work easier too.

Andrew:
> Actually, yes, it would.  Brad?  Did you get the unittest.py
> from the Python 2.1 distribution or the original code from which
> it was based?

Well, unittest used to be from the last release of pyunit, but I just
updated the CVS to the version from the latest release candidate. This
actually has quite a few changes over what I had -- it looks like
things are changing a bit under the watchful eye of Guido.

I agree that it would be best to keep Tests/unittest in-sync with
whatever is included in the python distribution. Then eventually we'll
be able to just move over to it, once everyone in the world is using
python2.1 or greater.

So-expect-to-get-rid-of-Tests/unittest-in-February-2003-ly yr's,
Brad