[Biopython-dev] Regression Test problem

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Thu Apr 12 18:11:57 EDT 2001

wankyu kim wrote in bug 27:
> I've tested by executing "python setup.py test"
> there was no error message in GUI box. It seemed biopython works well.
> but when I executed "python br_regrtest.py" in the Tests directory,
> there was error with test_gobase, test_rebase and test_unigene.
>
> the error message was all the same.
> "Writing : '\012', expected: '\015'
>
> It seem it could not be able to discriminate "new line" and "end of
> file"

Hello -- thanks for writing. br_regrtest.py is actually the old regression
testing mechanism. The new mechanism, which uses PyUnit, is now called
"run_tests.py" (and is located in the Tests directory). This is the
regression test program that running "python setup.py test" actually runs.

We wrote run_tests.py and moved away from br_regrtest.py precisely because
of the problems we were having with newlines from different platforms.

So, biopython works fine -- it is br_regrtest.py which has problems.
Sorry about the confusion.

BTW, there is documentation available at:

http://biopython.org/wiki/html/BioPython/BiopythonCode.html

which mentions some of this in the FAQ.

Thanks again for the message. Hope you enjoy biopython.
Brad