[Biopython-dev] Martel stuff

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Sep 30 15:26:55 EDT 2000

>  The hang you are seeing is likely a problem with Martel.  Suppose it
>  needs to match 0 or more times, and one of the matches can be of size
0.
>  Then it will set on that spot forever, continuously eating groups of
size 0.

Aha! Thanks! The solution was to use Rep1 where I want to be guaranteed
to get a match (instead of all Rep like I was doing previously) and this
stopped the hanging. Thanks for the pointer on that.

[XML in python2.0]
>  What about xml.sax.handler ?

Doh! You're right -- we can use handler and get things to work properly.
Thanks! In addition, there is a small change that needs to happen in
Generate.py to make things fully work (instead of using
xml.sax.saxlib.SAXException, using xml.sax._exceptions.SAXException). But
after that things seem to work! Snazzy!