[Biopython-dev] Changes in WWW BLAST format

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 13 02:16:28 EDT 2000

Great!  Thanks for catching this.  Could you send the output?  I'd like to
add it to the suite of blast tests.

> ***************
> *** 204,211 ****
> 	  read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.noevent, blank=1)
>
> 	  # Read the descriptions and the following blank line.
> !	  read_and_call_until(uhandle, consumer.description, blank=1)
> !	  read_and_call_while(uhandle, consumer.noevent, blank=1)
>
> 	  consumer.end_descriptions()
>
> --- 207,214 ----
> 	  read_and_call(uhandle, consumer.noevent, blank=1)
>
> 	  # Read the descriptions and the following blank line.
> !	  read_and_call_until(uhandle, consumer.description, contains =
> '</PRE>)
> !	  read_and_call_while(uhandle, consumer.noevent, contains =
> '</PRE>')
>
> 	  consumer.end_descriptions()

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't this break compatibility with older
formats?

Jeff