[Biopython-dev] Martel-0.3 available

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed Oct 11 21:43:51 EDT 2000

Brad:
> Really? I didn't even see DocumentHandler in 2.0 -- I think that
> ContentHandler is DocumentHandler (at least in 2.0), but I'm not
> positive. Hard to follow all of the changes in that stuff...

*sigh* I figured out the problem.  ContentHandler is the SAX 1.0
interface while DocumentHandler is 2.0.  My XML book, which is less
than a year old, covers the 1.0 interface only.  SAX 2 also adds
methods for namespace support like startPrefixMapping. (huh?)

So Martel uses the old SAX API and I've got to figure out the new one.
Yippee.

                    Andrew