[Biopython-dev] Notification: incoming/7

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Mon Jul 10 01:12:36 EDT 2000

>Hmm, that means I need to figure out how to login to CVS for write
>access.

To make things even more fun, I was connecting from behind a firewall.
Not that you all want to hear the details, but it took me an hour so
I want to blab.  Yes, an hour to get the following few lines.

Ended up having to run a tcp forwarder on a non-priveledged port, since
I don't have root on that machine.

firewall> tcpxd 2200 biopython.org 22

(22 is the ssh port)

mybox> setenv CVS_RSH ssh
mybox> cvs -d ext:dalke at firewall:/home/repository/biopython checkout
biopython

And no, I don't know how to have it not ask for my password each time.

                    Andrew