[Biopython-dev] GenBank parser -- first go

Edwin Steele edwin.steele at eBioinformatics.com
Mon Dec 11 22:43:06 EST 2000

Andrew,

> See the "/formimino"?  I had thought that any line starting
> with a '/' was a new qualifier, but it looks like you really do
> have to parse the quotes as you go to tell when you are done.
> While the qouted quote checking (double the "s) is doable with
> a regular expression, it's gets pretty complicated.

I've found this too.
A good test for a new qualifier is if it starts with a '/' and either:
- Have an even no. of quotes and end with a '"' or
- Have an odd no. of quotes and do not end with a '"' or
- Have no quotes at all.

Erk.

Cheers,
Edwin.
Edwin Steele
QA Manager, eBioinformatics.             http://www.ebioinformatics.com
email: edwin.steele at eBioinformatics.com  Bay 16/104, Australian Technology Park
ph: +61 (2) 9209-4765                    Eveleigh 1430, NSW, Australia.