[Biopython-dev] GenBank parser -- first go

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed Dec 6 22:50:25 EST 2000

Cayte:
> Its happier with the text file.  The problem now is ye olde machine
> independent line-feed.  The features and annotations run way to the
> right with some embedded octal 012s

That's my doings, I'm afraid.  I didn't change a couple of the
definitions to use the new \R syntax.  One is the 'ToEol()'
command, which Brad uses in his code.

The fix should be to change Martel/__init__.py from

    if name is None:
        return Re(".*\n")
    else:
        return Group(name, Re(".*")) + Str("\n")

    if name is None:
        return Re(r"[^\R]*\R")
    else:
        return Group(name, Re(r"[^\R]*")) + Re(r"\R")

but I haven't tested it to make sure that's correct.

                    Andrew