[Biopython-announce] Biopython 1.55 released

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 31 23:00:37 UTC 2010

Dear Biopythoneers,

After the beta earlier this month (thank you to everyone who
helped test this), we’ve just released Biopython 1.55 . For
full details see:

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2010/08/biopython-1-55-released/

Note we are phasing out support for Python 2.4. We will continue
to support it for at least one further release (i.e. Biopython 1.56).
This could be delayed given feedback from our users (e.g. if this
proves to be a problem in combination with other libraries or a
popular Linux distribution).

(At least) 12 people have contributed to this release, including
6 new people – thank you all:

    * Andres Colubri (first contribution)
    * Carlos Rios Vera (first contribution)
    * Claude Paroz (first contribution)
    * Cymon Cox
    * Eric Talevich
    * Frank Kauff
    * Joao Rodrigues (first contribution)
    * Konstantin Okonechnikov (first contribution)
    * Michiel de Hoon
    * Nathan Edwards (first contribution)
    * Peter Cock
    * Tiago Antao

Source distributions and Windows installers are available
from the downloads page on the Biopython website:
http://www.biopython.org/wiki/Download

As usual, feedback is most welcome on the mailing lists
(or bugzilla).

Regards,

Peter

P.S. You can follow Biopython on Twitter,
http://twitter.com/biopython