[Bioperl-pipeline] Annotation+Transformers

Shawn Hoon shawnh at fugu-sg.org
Sat Mar 15 14:48:53 EST 2003

This is still work in progess.  Transformers(Converter) works with
RepeatMasker but not for blast yet.
A small annoying problem. Converter objects need a RawContig obj to
attach to the feature. So for RepeatMasker,
I include as an input to the transformer INPUTOBJ which the input to
the RepeatMasker analysis. Problem with blast
is that I'm using ->get_repeat_maskedseq which is a BIo::PrimarySeqI
..grr..DnaAlignFeatureAdaptor  doesn't like it

So either I over kill the problem by attaching an iohandler to the
Transformer and fetch the RawContig or attach a RawContigAdaptor to the
converter
and fetch it using the original input id...any feelings?

code is committed..test passed so far...
Bala and Juguang can check it out.

shawn