[Bioperl-pipeline] Hmmpfam Output

Jer-Ming giscjm at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jan 29 16:00:58 EST 2003

Actually the code in question belongs to Bio::Tools, hmmpfam.

I noticed that the Hmmpfam parser in Bio::Tools is creating FeaturePairs
with the the additional tag
$featurepair->add_tag_value("hid",$feat->{primary});

The primary feature in the $featurepair already has the hid set in
$feature->primary .. I believe.

This is perfectly fine, except that when the features are stored into
BioSQL, I noticed that the hid field gets stored twice. One as a
seqfeature_qualifier_value, and one as an ontology_term. I don't think this
duplicate data is neccessary....

Is it alright to remove the hid tag?

Jerm