[Bioperl-pipeline] Multiple analyses following a DataMonger analysis

shawnh@fugu-sg.org shawnh@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:43:27 +0800 (SGT)

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Elia Stupka wrote:

> > I couldn't seem to find a way (in the classes currently in the InputCreate
> > directory) to have multiple analyses directly follow a DataMonger
> > analysis. Have I missed something or would another class (like
> > setup_initial) need to be written?
>
> Actually as long as you populate the rule table with multiple "next"
> analyses following a single "current" (DataMonger) analysis, it should
> work fine,

Yes the job management aspect support 1-Many analysis. However, you are right
that the InputCreates don't support that. Currently the way it works is that
InputCreates creates jobs for the first analysis only, and what one could do is to have
multiple analysis branching from that first 'real' analysis. In this way the input ids will be copied once
each job is done. However if it should not be difficult to either modify setup_inital or
write a input create that takes in N analysis ids as parameters and create a N job for each input id.

shawn