[Bioperl-pipeline] FW: General questions

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 00:32:09 +0800 (SGT)

> Also, is Parasol different than the other two packages you recommended
> on your web pages, LSF and PBS?

LSF is good but commercial, PBS has an open version that is crap and a
commercial version PBSPro free for academics that you could try though it
is not as good as PBS. Parasol is from Jim Kent, I haven't had a chance to
try it yet, but would love to and I've heard is more efficient in
scheduling becuase it has less overhead. Of course it doesn't have the
fancyness of LSF but probably is better suited to your neesd anyway.

I am cc:ing Jim to see what he comments.

Elia