[Bioperl-pipeline] Re: Genewise...

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:31:45 +0800 (SGT)

> Hmmm... i'm not exactly sure what u mean here .. do u suggest that we create
> another Bio::Tools::Genewise module that contains the parsing code and run
> it from Bio::Tools::Run::Genewise ? I can't find an example of this...

Sorry I just realised I miswrote one thing, the Bio::Tool::program is in
bioperl-live, and the Bio::Tools::Run::program is in bioperl-run

Most of them are like this, see:

Bio::Tools::Eponine (and Bio::Tools::Run::Eponine)
Bio::Tools::Genscan (and Bio::Tools::Run::Genscan)

So Pseudowise,Genewise,RepeatMasker all need to be fixed that way...

(sorry I hadn't noticed earlier)

Elia

> > We should also make sure that the parsing is robust (no I didn't get
> > around it, yes, I do overestimate time I have left for coding sigh sob
> > sigh)
>
> OK... i will implement a matching operator to sieve out the score instead of
> assigning it to an arbitrary element..

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *