[Bioperl-l] The Perl Conference 2017 in DC (aka YAPC::NA 2017) - Speakers wanted!

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Thu Mar 2 18:05:22 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 11:09 AM, Brock Wilcox wrote:
> Greetings!

Hello, Brock!

> This year we are holding the largest North-America Perl Conference in
> Washington, DC, at the US Patent and Trademark Office. It's a
> high-quality, inexpensive technical conference with its roots in the
> Perl Mongers user groups. The conference celebrates the Perl programming
> language and community, and is meant to be accessible to anyone,
> regardless of experience, yet valuable to even the most skilled of
> programmers.
>
> We have an open call for talks at
> http://www.perlconference.us/tpc-2017-dc/cfp/, and the published
> deadline is March 6th.
>
> I would be delighted to have one or more BioPerl related talks,
> especially since there is a local userbase at places like NIH.
>
> We will also open registration very soon, and I think that even outside
> of BioPerl specific talks there is a lot of value to attending --
> learning about other Perl-related tools, some more general
> process&people things, and meeting cool people. We will also have some
> great (paid) tutorials, like a day long Zero-To-Perl workshop.
>
> I hope to receive some BioPerl talks, and look forward to seeing y'all
> at the conference!

I want to second Brock's remarks.  My one little contribution to the
Bioperl codebase was made while participating in the CPAN Pull Request
Challenge session at last year's Perl Conference in Orlando.  I, too,
would love to see some Bio-perlers at the conference.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan