[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Fasta problem: unable to fetch all sequences via get_PrimarySeq_stream

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 14 17:31:44 UTC 2016

We would probably need a list of IDs, but this has happened before a few times.  In some cases it’s an issue of line ending mismatches, which can be normalized using a tool like dos2unix.  However if you have IDs that could be evaluated as False the issue is trickier and not so easy to fix, primarily because the returned value is stringified to the display ID (which is one reason I hate object stringification).

For example, the following would likely short-circuit without showing sequence IDs, as having a seq ID of ‘0’ (note this does not include the description, which is separate) will evaluate as False and kill the while loop:

>0 desc1
ATATATGTGC
>1 desc2
CGCGCCGCGC