[Bioperl-l] t/Align/SimpleAlign.t: Bareword "unified_diff" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

Adam Sjøgren adsj at novozymes.com
Fri Apr 10 06:16:12 UTC 2015

Christopher writes:

> As long as this passes current tests I don’t have a problem with
> adding it in. I would suggest adding a simple test case for it;

In starting to work in this, I did a fresh fork on github of
bioperl-live, and ran the tests - just to get a baseline before changing
anything.

The first problem I hit is this:

  adsj:~/work/bioperl/bioperl-live$ prove -v --timer -r t/Align/SimpleAlign.t
  [08:08:53] t/Align/SimpleAlign.t ..
  1..206
  ok 1 - use Bio::SimpleAlign;
  ok 2 - use Bio::AlignIO;
  ok 3 - use Bio::SeqFeature::Generic;
  ok 4 - use Bio::Location::Simple;
  ok 5 - use Bio::Location::Split;
  Bareword "unified_diff" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at t/Align/SimpleAlign.t line 816.
  Execution of t/Align/SimpleAlign.t aborted due to compilation errors.
  # Looks like you planned 206 tests but ran 5.
  # Looks like your test exited with 255 just after 5.
  Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
  Failed 201/206 subtests
  [08:08:53]

  Test Summary Report
  -------------------
  t/Align/SimpleAlign.t (Wstat: 65280 Tests: 5 Failed: 0)
    Non-zero exit status: 255
    Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 206 tests but ran 5.
  Files=1, Tests=5,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.02 usr  0.00 sys +  0.10 cusr  0.01 csys =  0.13 CPU)
  Result: FAIL

I can't find any mention of "unified_diff" anywhere else in the
checkout.

This is on Perl v5.14.2, but the line was introduced in 2011 (0a959bac),
so.

Searching a little, it seems that "use Test::Differences;" is somehow
missing from t/Align/SimpleAlign.t - or is running 'prove' on the .t
files not the correct way to run the tests?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
                                                          Adam Sjøgren