[Bioperl-l] Next bioperl release

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:50:47 UTC 2014

I will likely start working on a new BioPerl release in the next week or two to attempt fixing some of the CPAN indexing problems that have plagued us in the last few releases (final version to be mentioned when that is fixed :).

Along those lines, a few things when committing code:

1) Add yourself to the AUTHORS file if you have ben making code changes.  We like to give credit where credit is due!
2) Please make sure to update the ‘Changes’ file if appropriate.  This is particularly important if the changes are addressing bugs or adding functionality.
3) Make sure anything potentially code-breaking is made on a branch first and merged in.  This hasn’t been a problem recently (the coveralls work that Franscisco is unfortunately easier to deal with on master, so that is a clear exception).

Thanks!