[Bioperl-l] remoteblast

Scott Markel Scott.Markel at accelrys.com
Wed May 14 16:18:26 UTC 2014

In this case the code change is straightforward and doesn't require any change to Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast.  The constructor can take a URL_BASE argument, so just pass in the new URL (http://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast.cgi).  This will overwrite the old URL (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/Blast.cgi) hard-coded in Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast.  We made this change to the remote BLAST components in the Pipeline Pilot Sequence Analysis collection and things have been fine.

    my @parameters = ("-prog"       => $program,
                      "-data"       => $database,
                      "-readmethod" => 'xml',
                      "-URL_BASE"   => $url);

    my $blastFactory = Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast->new(@parameters);

Hope this helps.

Scott

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at accelrys.com
Accelrys (Pipeline Pilot R&D)       mobile: +1 858 205 3653
5005 Wateridge Vista Drive          voice:  +1 858 799 5603
San Diego, CA 92121                 fax:    +1 858 799 5222
USA                                 web:    http://www.accelrys.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/smarkel
Secretary, Board of Directors:
    International Society for Computational Biology
Chair: ISCB Publications and Communications Committee
Associate Editor: PLOS Computational Biology
Editorial Board: Briefings in Bioinformatics

Important change about my e-mail address: Following Accelrys's joining forces with Dassault Systèmes (3DS), my new e-mail address is scott.markel at 3ds.com.  Please add this new address to your Safe Senders list, to ensure you will continue to receive my e-mails.