[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 6 17:21:11 UTC 2014

I wanted to send out a reminder that the Open Bioinformatics Foundations is gathering project ideas and asking for mentor volunteers for our upcoming application to the next Google Summer of Code.  Eric Talevich (Biopython) and Raoul Bonnal (BioRuby) are in charge this round.  If there are any interested parties who have interesting ideas that are BioPerl-related, please feel free to discuss them openly here.  We’re pretty open to all suggestions!

Current project ideas can be found here:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code#Project_Ideas_for_2014

Please feel free to suggest more or add to the ones there, or to add yourself as a mentor volunteer.  I have added a speculative one regarding finding ways to make BioPerl more amenable to NGS analyses, which needs further discussion here.