[Bioperl-l] RefSeq announces a problematic format change - both CONTIG and ORIGIN allowed

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:21:47 EDT 2013

Thanks Scott,

I fell foul of this change with Biopython testing GenPept
format records from NCBI Entrez recently, I'd assumed
it might have been a short term glitch:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/b6ccd0f05804c944f23e4e38df877e30761f491e

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/f3a9e33e428a5ecfb490d4f6f0ede7695fcde0d2

CC'ing the cross project list in case BioRuby or BioJava
are also impacted.

Regards,

Peter