[Bioperl-l] PhyloXML

Sébastien MORETTI sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Mon Feb 11 07:08:22 UTC 2013

>> # Add annotation
>> $treeio->add_phyloXML_annotation(-obj => $tree,
>>                                 -xml => '<name>SUMF family</name>',
>>                                );
>
> If you really have $treeio in your script in this line and not $tree, then that's at least one problem. But the stack suggests that the above isn't the exact line in your script - can you confirm that?
>
> 	-hilmar

I replaced $treeio by $tree in the above line but still get an error.
Don't see what you mean by "the stack suggests that the above isn't the
exact line in your script"

The only think I changed is the length of the xml string I try to
insert. But get the same error with an empty xml string.

my $treeio = new Bio::TreeIO(-file   => "$infile",
                              -format => 'phyloxml',
                             );
my $tree = $treeio->next_tree;

# Add annotation
$tree->add_phyloXML_annotation(-obj => $tree,
                                -xml => '<name>SUMF family</name>',
                               );

Can't locate object method "add_phyloXML_annotation" via package
	"Bio::Tree::Tree" at ./add_annotation_to_phyloxml.pl line 40, <GEN0>
line 1 (#1)
     (F) You called a method correctly, and it correctly indicated a package
     functioning as a class, but that package doesn't define that particular
     method, nor does any of its base classes.  See perlobj.

Uncaught exception from user code:

--
Sébastien Moretti
Department of Ecology and Evolution,