[Bioperl-l] Help required for BioPerl Installation on Linux

Shraddha Shardul Desai shraddhav at cdac.in
Tue Dec 31 08:05:43 UTC 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

  I am trying to install BioPerl-1.6.922 on linux.

  I have followed below mentioned steps for installation.

>perl -e shell -MCPAN

cpan>o conf makepl_arg PREFIX=/home/users/dag/My_Local_Perl_Modules

cpan>o conf mbuildpl_arg "--prefix /home/users/dag/My_Local_Perl_Modules"

cpan>o conf commit

cpan > d /bioperl/

cpan > install /home/shraddhav/BioPerl-1.6.922.tar.gz

But I am not having any http_proxy or ftp_proxy settings.

Please tell me proper steps to follow. I am really very much confused.

I have also tried to install with :

>perl Build.PL

>./Build test

>./Build install

I has created lib and bin directory specified with –install_dir option.

But all tests are failed in log of build test.

Can you please tell me what is the correct procedure to install BioPerl
Successfully.

Thanks & Regards,

Shraddha Vora