[Bioperl-l] Information on warning message using bp_genbank2gff.pl

francesco.brundu at gmail.com francesco.brundu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:36:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I am having some trouble running bioperl script bp_genbank2gff.pl. The
script works fine, but I don't understand a warning message when retrieving
a gff (in this case gff3). That message is:
'skipping a misc_feature'
I have searched a lot on google but I didn't find an answer. I tried to
look up the code..
http://doc.bioperl.org/bioperl-live/Bio/DB/GFF/Adaptor/biofetch.html but
since I am not fluent in Perl I just saw that in case feature is a misc
feature, warning is raised.
Now, maybe I misunderstood, but the misc feature is one from column 9 tag
as described in http://gmod.org/wiki/GFF ? If yes, shouldn't its name be
printed out when it is being skipped, to let the user know which feature
has been removed from gff?
Thanks

--
~Francesco Brundu