[Bioperl-l] New Perl ORM for graph db Neo4j

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Sun Sep 23 21:46:32 UTC 2012

All,
I have added support for batch processing to REST::Neo4p, please have a look at https://metacpan.org/module/REST::Neo4p::Batch.

To use it, you write in the context of the object framework, but surround your code with a "batch" block; e.g.:

#!perl
# loader...
use REST::Neo4p;
use REST::Neo4p::Batch;

open $f, shift() or die $!;
batch {
  while (<$f>) {
   chomp;
   ($name, $value) = split /\t/;
   REST::Neo4p::Node->new({name => $name, value => $value});
  } 'discard_objs';
exit(0);

The code takes care of packaging the contained individual API calls and sending them off to the server in neo4j's batch format.

Please send me bugs on RT (https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Report.html?Queue=REST-Neo4p)

cheers MAJ