[Bioperl-l] Posting: Post Doctoral Researcher - Bioinformatician

Hadi, Shahana Shahana.Hadi at osumc.edu
Tue Oct 23 12:58:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I sent the incorrect position description earlier today so I'm sending the correct one that I would like to see if you could post on your page so your members can review. Thanks so much and please let me know if you have questions.

Post Doctoral Researcher<http://www.genomeweb.com/node/1116691>
Job Location:  Columbus, Ohio - can possibly work remotely and travel to Ohio a few times per year

Job Description:

Post Doctoral Researcher (Job Opening 370397) - Post-doctoral researcher to pursue specialized research training and experience by performing complex mathematical modeling on genome-wide 3C (chromosome conformation capture) assay generated by laboratory members; collaborates with lab members to analyze other types of high throughput data generated by next generation sequencing, including ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data; identify driver oncogenes for castration-resistant prostate cancer; collaborates with other biostatisticians to generate statistical analyses for manuscript and grant preparations; produces on average one first-author journal article per year; contributes to other lab members' manuscripts as a co-author.

Requirements:

Doctoral Degree in Applied Mathematics required. Requires successful completion of a background check.

Contact Information:

For further consideration, applicants need to submit their current curriculum vitae with cover letter to sameek.roychowdhury at osumc.edu<mailto:sameek.roychowdhury at osumc.edu>. Please indicate "Post Doctoral Researcher - Bioinformatician" in the title of the email.

We offer a competitive salary with outstanding benefits.

EEO/AA Employer

Shahana Hadi
Sr. Human Resources Associate
The Ohio State University
Comprehensive Cancer Center
650 Ackerman Rd.
Building 1 Room 325C
Columbus, OH 43202
Phone: 614.293.2968
Fax: 614.293.6190
mailto: shahana.hadi at osumc.edu<mailto:kyle.chadwick at osumc.edu>
CCCHR website: http://go.osu.edu/CCC_HR

Creating a cancer-free world. One person, one discovery at a time.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDB0FB.A95062F0]<http://cancer.osu.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message or if it appears that you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail message.