[Bioperl-l] Genbank query problem

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:09:30 UTC 2012

Are they organized in the bioprojects at least?

I've been working on something related with dumping of genomes based on what is in bioprojects part of NCBI.

It isn't documented yet since still in dev, but you can try these three scripts. you need to give it a place to write with the (-b) option and you'll want to change the query for the 1st script with the -q option.

- fix the query to the taxon you want bioprojects from:
https://github.com/hyphaltip/mobedac-fungi/blob/master/scripts/download_eutils_bioproject.pl
- then run this to download the sequences
https://github.com/hyphaltip/mobedac-fungi/blob/master/scripts/download_sequences_from_bioproject_staging.pl
- the run this to get the assemblies that for some reason aren't available at nuclids in the bioprojects file but can be gleaned from the genbank file -- maybe not needed for your MT genome project anyways.
https://github.com/hyphaltip/mobedac-fungi/blob/master/scripts/download_sequences_from_bioproject_cleanup_missing.pl

Jason