[Bioperl-l] retrieving a subset of files from a folder

maha ahmed mahakadry at aucegypt.edu
Sat Nov 24 01:33:59 UTC 2012

Dear Bioperl list,
I have a folder that has 60,000 files (one file for each phylogenetic tree)
However I only need to work with a subset of 1,000 files from that folder
(the files are not numbered in order so I cant use the i++ loop in my
bioperl script)
Is there a way to write a script that only moves files with the names given
in a list in a text file
i.e. I have a file that has the names of the files I want to copy fro m the
folder and I want to write script that does this
Thank you so much