[Bioperl-l] fastq splitter - working but not before xmas!!

Sean O'Keeffe limericksean at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:05:28 UTC 2012

So now I've got a bunch of fastq's all about 17GB in size. The script is
puttering away but this is tediously slow.
I tried the the fastq-dump tool from sra toolkit but it didn't like my
commands (fastq-dump --split-files <input_fastq_file> ) - my ignorance no
doubt.

Any ideas out there on speeding up Bio::SeqIO::fastq output?
Thanks.