[Bioperl-l] contribution to bioperl

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:13:50 UTC 2012

Hi Prashant - we welcome new contributors so thanks for saying hello and happy to have your help on the project.

Here is some info you can take a look at to get you started about writing code for the project
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Advanced_BioPerl
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Becoming_a_developer

Here are some projects with descriptions that were written up a while ago
 http://bioperl.org/wiki/Project_priority_list

(thinking aloud here) I wonder if we shouldn't convert some of these projects into redmine feature requests?
https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=2