[Bioperl-l] Update: call for Google Summer of Code project ideas

Robert Buels rbuels at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:24:59 UTC 2012

Hi all,

As kindly pointed out by Reece Hart, the previous email I sent out
calling for Google Summer of Code project ideas, had the wrong due date
for project ideas in it.

I actually want them to all be in place by Friday, March 2, which is
this coming Friday.

== Instructions for Wiki Editing ==

For each of the OBF projects that wants to do GSoC again this year, please:

a.) Update the list of project ideas on your project's GSoC page
(BioPython, BioPerl, BioRuby, etc).  Add new ones, remove ones that have
already been done or no longer relevant, etc.

b.) Update the list of project ideas on the main OBF GSoC page
(http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code) to match.

c.) Let me know via email that you have done so and it's ready for
Google to peruse.

== end instructions ==

Again, please have the updates done by this Friday (March 2). The number
and quality of the project ideas are part of the evaluation process for
whether OBF is accepted as a Summer of Code organization again this
year, so let's come up with some good ones.  :-)

Rob

----
Robert Buels
(prospective) 2012 OBF GSoC Organization Admin