[Bioperl-l] Fate of Bio::Tools::PCRSimulation

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 06:44:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am interested in the Bio::Tools::PCRSimulation module. Supposedly it
was added to Bioperl 0.3 and is also mentionned in the Bio::PrimedSeq
module. However, I cannot find in the current Bioperl codebase. Any idea
where it went?

The reason I am asking is because I have some code to do silico PCR
using regular expressions. I wanted to modularize my code more and make
it into a module for Bioperl. Of course, if there is something similar
in Bioperl already, I need to have a look at it. If there is nothing
similar, what namespace do you suggest to use?
Bio::Tools::AmpliconExtractor? Bio::Tools::AmpliconSearch?
Bio::Tools::InSilicoPCR?

Thanks,

Florent