[Bioperl-l] Can't get bioperl to install

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 18 03:16:18 UTC 2012

The error indicates that BioPerl isn't in your @INC (paths where perl searches for modules).  There are a number of things that could cause this, namely changing the version of perl you are using, upgrades to the OS, changes in local configuration, e.g. missing PERL5LIB.  In short, anything that can possibly modify the search path.

You could possibly try adding the bioperl directory to PERL5LIB locally.  What you *don't* want to do is attempt to add a version-specific path (say, a directory for an older version of perl in the system perl library).

See this for more details on @INC:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2526804/how-is-perls-inc-constructed-aka-what-are-all-the-ways-of-affecting-where-pe

chris