[Bioperl-l] YAPC::NA & BioPerl

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Fri Feb 17 14:45:51 UTC 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Leon Timmermans wrote:

> I think that's be an excellent idea. Anything that would bring the
> bioinformatics community closer to the open source community would be a
> good thing; they often seem rather absent at conferences and the like in my
> experience.

+1

I agree very much. Attending the pure open-source conferences has been a challenge for me, frankly - I've wanted to go to YAPC::NA or OSCON for years, but finding both the time and budget among the science conferences that I more or less have to attend already is real difficult. I'd imagine that others face similar challenges. So any efforts at cross-fertilization are good.

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :