[Bioperl-l] downloading 16s from NCBI

Thomas Sharpton thomas.sharpton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:42:58 UTC 2012

Hi Shalabh,

Florent is correct about the specialized databases - they are great
resources.

To answer your specific question about all 16S sequences in GenBank,
see this webpage, which contains a 16S database download link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK82331/#Nov11.New_BLAST_16S_Prokaryotic_Ribosoma

Best,
Tom