[Bioperl-l] help!

casandra mcasandrariera at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 22:05:16 UTC 2012

Ok, this is what happened. I guess this mean it worked, didn't it?

Last login: Tue Feb  7 22:47:16 on ttys000
maccasandra:~ mcasandrariera$ perl -e "use Bio::SeqIO;"
Can't locate Bio/SeqIO.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/Users/mcasaandrariera/src/bioperl-live
/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12
/Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.3
/System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.12
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
maccasandra:~ mcasandrariera$ cd ./src/bioperl-live/
maccasandra:bioperl-live mcasandrariera$ perl -e "use Bio::SeqIO;"
maccasandra:bioperl-live mcasandrariera$

I took your src name (I hadn't any better suggestion, although I don't know
what src means... :P)

Thank you so much to all of you! I have to say that it was a big relief
reading Dave telling so simple things :D thanks!

Maybe it will be useless to explain it to me, but, why this method isn't
"installing" Bioperl? Why I didn't need to do all those preliminary steps,
use Fink, and so on? I mean, if I can finally do the same (using Bioperl).

And related to the previous method I tried, I read that you were discussing
"that she wants to use local::lib, but there need to be some prereqs
installed, but they can't be because she chose to use local::lib, and it's
not installed. " I really didn't "wanted" to use it, I chose it because it
was the default option, and, since I didn't know about the alternatives, I
thought that the default would be ok... But if what Dave said works, better
for me, I didn't really know what I was doing with thosesteps (but I want
to learn it soon! ;) )

Thank you all for your time ;)

Casandra