[Bioperl-l] Fate of Bio::Tools::PCRSimulation

Roy Chaudhuri rrc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 29 15:06:23 UTC 2012

The code for Bio::Tools::PCRSimulation can be downloaded as part of this
archive:
http://www.salmonella.org/bioperl/primer3_v0.3.tgz

(There's supposedly a more recent version here:
http://www.salmonella.org/bioperl/nucleotide_analyses.tgz
but that file seems to be truncated).

I have no idea how much would be salvagable. It seems to just use index
to map the primers to the sequence, I guess it would make more sense to
at least give the option of something more sophisticated like Primer3,
BLAST or even a short read mapper.

Cheers,
Roy.