[Bioperl-l] Circular dependency problems packaging BioPerl as RPM

Guest, Simon Simon.Guest at agresearch.co.nz
Tue May 1 03:29:58 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

I ignored the Bio::Expression dependencies and everything eventually built OK, using BioPerl-1.6.901 and  BioPerl-Run-1.006900.

If you release a new BioPerl-Run, I would be interested in packaging it, as I have come this far.

Do you have any ideas about where I could submit the BioPerl and dependency RPMs I built for CentOS 6?  I now have around 40 RPMs that weren't in CentOS or EPEL, which were all built straight from CPAN using cpanspec.  I guess others might like to benefit from this (and it would also serve to validate the builds).

My other unknown is what non-Perl dependencies I should add to the BioPerl RPM.  I don't know what to do here.  The dependencies page on the BioPerl Wiki seems to list only Perl module dependencies.

cheers,
Simon

sender immediately.