[Bioperl-l] Command line error in BLAST+

Frank Schwach fs5 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 08:36:37 UTC 2011

Hi Manju,

Are you on Ubuntu? I think I've seen problems with this bzip library on
Ubuntu before. It's not a problem with BLAST in any case.
Should be possible to install the missing files through your package
manager. I'm sure Google will know what to do :)
Not sure what went wrong with your blast installation. What happens if
you run blastall directly (without the legacy_blast.pl script)? In any
case, it might be better to ask the NCBI people for help with the BLAST
installation as this is not a BioPerl problem.

cheers,

Frank