[Bioperl-l] fetching exon locations in genomic coordinates

Reece Hart reece at harts.net
Sat May 21 15:55:41 UTC 2011

Hi-

I'd like to fetch exons for a given RefSeq in genomic coordinates (GRCh37)
directly from NCBI. The only path to this data that I'm aware of is a bit
painful: esearch for the gene based on RefSeq accession, efetch the gene
record as XML, then parse the XML for Gene-commentary_genomic-coords. That's
doable, but unattractive. Anyone got a better way?

Normally I'd fetch these with blissful ease from Ensembl, but the point of
this exercise is to compare data for a particular transcript against
Ensembl.

Thanks,
Reece