[Bioperl-l] Zombie processes with GenBank get_Seq_by_acc()

O'car Johann Campos ocarnorsk138 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:16:15 UTC 2011

Kevin Brown <Kevin.M.Brown <at> asu.edu> writes:

> Seeing your code might help. They could just be forked children waiting
> for the script to exit before they go away or something else forked them
> and failed to clean up before quitting.

Kevin, Belaid, All:

        Recently I've been working with genbank too and ran a code to get
Genbank info from accession numbers, I also noticed the weird behavior and the
zombie processes that are in the background, altough the code works and I get
the info I need there are a lot of zombie processes in the background and for
example running this task with 8000 accession numbers would be a pain where you
all know. I'm not a bioperl expert and I may be missing some piece of code to
quit the forked children as may be happening to belaid, so this is my piece of
code in case any get and idea why is this happening.

http://pastebin.com/Zq88cpwb

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

O'car.