[Bioperl-l] bp_classify_hits_kingdom.pl

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 12:19:59 UTC 2011

Hi Jason,

I was reading through your script and running it.
I noticed, at least the new BLASTP+, is parsed incorrectly.
The %positves field is missing. All fields are:

# Fields: query id, subject ids, % identity, % positives, alignment
length, mismatches, gap opens, q. start, q. end, s. start, s. end,
evalue, bit score

So
my ($qname,$hname,$pid,$qaln,$mismatch,$gaps,
	    $qstart,$qend,$hstart,$hend,
	    $evalue,$bits,$score) = split(/\t/,$_);

should be:
my ($qname,$hname,$pid, $posid, $qaln,$mismatch,$gaps,
	    $qstart,$qend,$hstart,$hend,
	    $evalue,$bit_score) = split(/\t/,$_);

$evalue was set to $hend, instead of the E-value. And $bit_score as one field.

Cheers,
Bernd