[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::SwissProt

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:00:33 UTC 2011

It is just waiting for someone to code it up. It requires a different, simpler approach.

I don't have any time to do this but we welcome volunteers.

The simple approach is just to open a file handle and use GET cmd to open the URL with the accession number per the msg I sent before. That filehandle goes to SeqIO and you don't need the Bio::DB module.

You can also get Swissprot data via genbank DB handle.

Jason Stajich